Out of the Box
Topics ranging from marijuana and the brain, marijuana awareness, marijuana and the body and refusal skills and all include an engaging activity that reinforces the lesson.
Marijuana Education “Out of the Box”
We know…there are students who often learn best out of the classroom. That is why we created this unique marijuana curriculum designed for agencies and organizations that are looking for a less traditional educational program for youth. Designed to be delivered outside of the classroom or to enhance our traditional Impact Awareness curriculum, these dynamic lessons cover topics ranging from marijuana and the brain, marijuana awareness, marijuana and the body and refusal skills and all include an engaging activity that reinforces the lesson.
- The lessons are mailed to purchasing agency in a bound packet do not require a renewal fee.
- This program consists of fourteen 30-45 minute lessons that cover: Marijuana and the Brain (4 lessons), Marijuana and the Body (4 lessons), Marijuana Awareness and Refusal Skills (6 lessons).
- Some supplies are needed to effectively teach the lessons with supply links provided on the MEI website.
- Lessons are designed for ages 10-18 and technology is not necessary for instruction.
- Lesson packets are not allowed to be copied. If more packets are needed to instruct within an agency, they can be purchased for an additional $100 per packet if purchased within 30 days of original order.
- In-person training on lesson delivery is highly recommended but not required. Please contact us for information on training.
If you have purchased MEI’s Out of the Box lessons, please click here for resources, supply links and updated material.
Please check back on our website often for any updates to lessons. As new marijuana information and research become available that could affect the content of the lessons.
All of the instructions and activities to teach the MEI Out of the Box lessons are included in the booklet.
FAQs regarding Out of the Box curriculum:
How do I purchase and access the curriculum?
You can purchase the Out of the Box lessons here: Out of the Box. Once we receive your order, we will mail you your lesson packet.
How many times can I access the curriculum?
The lesson packet is yours to use over and over. If we update the content of the lessons, those updates can be found HERE. We recommend that you check back often for any updates to lessons. As new marijuana information and research become available that could affect the content of the lessons.
How do I deliver the curriculum?
Unlike our traditional subscription-based curricula, these lessons are intended to be delivered without any technology. They are generally stand alone lessons and can be used as a brief educational opportunity to inform on the impacts of youth marijuana use and can be “dropped” into a classroom or youth serving agency. All the lessons have an engaging activity that compliments the lesson that typically requires some supplies for effective instruction.
How can I get support if I have questions about facilitating the group?
Feel free to reach out by email to Molly Lotz and Sarah Grippa, the creators of the curriculum, to ask them any questions about the content or instruction of the lessons.
How do I get trained on facilitating the lessons?
In-person trainings are highly recommended for most effective content delivery. Please contact us for training options.