Marijuana Impact Awareness – Intermediate
This curriculum supports early preventive efforts by educating middle school aged youth about the impacts of youth marijuana use. This curriculum can be dropped into a health or science class or can support school or organization-wide marijuana prevention efforts.
Marijuana Education Initiative Prevention Curriculum
Target Audience: Middle school-aged youth
Administration: This curriculum can be used by any agency that works with youth and that has a mission of supporting early, preventative substance abuse.
This curriculum is intended to be facilitated by a health or science teacher, mental health worker, law enforcement officer, or other youth services provider in a school or youth services agency.
SEL Workbook Download Included
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the effects marijuana has on their body, brain, and behavior
- Understand the risks associated with marijuana use
- Distinguish the differences between marijuana for medical use and marijuana for recreational use
- Understand how marijuana works in the brain
At the completion of this program, participates will know:
- The difference between two compounds in the marijuana plant, THC and CBD, and how they affect the body
- Specific details about the risks associated with marijuana use, particularly use by youth
- The impacts marijuana use has on the brain
- Which medical conditions medical marijuana treats
- The impact smoking or vaping has on the lungs and other body systems
- Four engaging marijuana prevention units, each 45 minutes long:
- Marijuana and the brain
- Marijuana and the body
- Marijuana as medicine
- The risks of marijuana use
- Activity, lecture, and discussion based
- Web-based PowerPoint delivery
- Lessons align with National Health Education standards
- Lessons align with SEL programming and competency areas
Purchase grants one user, individual use of course materials for a self-selected period from date of purchase. This contract is extendable. Multi-year discounts available, contact us for details.